12.03.2013

Happy Holidays!

Well, I went missing a tad longer than I anticipated...for no good reason other than the routines and responsibilities of regular life get in the way.  And with the holiday season now in full-swing, schedules are just getting busier and jam-packed.  It's the down-side of being an adult during the holidays--you have church and community things that you might be in charge of, shopping lists to purchase (meaning wallets are empty!), and the logistics of lugging out the decoration totes with a big pregnant belly!  And if you are anything like my family, you have about a million birthdays squeezed in between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

But there is still magic in the air, right?!  I love this time of year! I can hardly soak it all in before it's time to anticipate the next holiday season.  There are so many amazing festivities (many free or inexpensive) to spend time with your family, sentimental traditions, service rendered to loved ones and strangers, and of course--reflecting on our blessings and on the birth of Jesus Christ.

Landon is starting to walk (finally, yay!), and had his first napless day on Thanksgiving (not fun!).  Brett has been busy working overtime as his fourth quarter of the year is winding down, and I've been keeping him plenty busy with house projects and helping me with decorations when he is home (bless his heart).  I've been helping baby girl grow bigger and longer, trying to keep up with my day-to-day duties and I burned my neck with the curling iron for the first time in years (so now it looks like I'm sporting a hickey and it's a bit embarrassing).  You're pretty much caught up on what we've been doing while I haven't been blogging, ha!

These are the best photos we could get at Thanksgiving.  It was a long day with this little dude...I'm already a little nervous about what I'll do next year with two little ones!



Landon looking adorable in some of his winter gear.  He is the cutest giraffe I ever did see...

Stay tuned, because I have a couple simple tutorials I am getting ready to share for this week!  We are talking Christmas decor you can do for around $5, and in a matter of minutes!  What could be better?!  I'm also working on maybe a few simple gift guides and an idea board for a frugal New Year's Eve Party (that I plan on actually throwing myself).  Oh, and a few fun date night or family fun ideas to share!  All these ideas are swirling around in my head, but I am working on getting them written up now!  So come back and visit soon and often!

No comments:

Post a Comment