4.05.2013

Snacks for a Crowd

We are heading down to my husband's hometown in southern AZ for the weekend.  I love taking weekend getaways down there!  We will be watching our church's general conference broadcast and spending lots of time with family.

I always take a few snacks down for us to munch on over the weekend.  Both of these snacks will feed a lot and are real crowd-pleasers.  I make one homemade and cheat and buy the other (but I am sure there are plenty of knock-off recipes that are delish!)

The first, is an easy-peasy black bean salsa.  The recipe is from my Aunt Debbie.  Most of this is just dumping things in a bowl!  Here is the recipe:



Aunt Debbie's Black Bean Salsa


1 can black eye peas, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 cup white onion, chopped (I don't usually do quite that much)
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 package Good Seasons Italian Mix (dry, not mixed)

For the peppers, I just used a few mini sweet red and orange peppers and I added a little jalapeno this time to give it some kick!

The other snack I take is the jalapeno artichoke cream cheese dip from Costco.  Serve it warm or cold, eat it with tortilla chips.  It is so good!  But like I said, I am sure you could easily make a dip like this homemade and it would be equally delicious.

I just buy a huge bag of tortilla chips at Costco and take these snacks down and they last the big Allred family the whole weekend long.  These would also be good snacks for Superbowl Sunday or any other big get-together.  What are your go-to crowd pleasing snacks?  I want ideas!  I want to plan a party soon, so send them my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment