6.19.2014

What We Have Been Up To

Boxes and chaos are slowly starting to creep into the corners of every room in the house.  Our move date is quickly coming upon us.  Brett is finishing his last couple days of work at his current job, and then it will be time to get down to serious business and pack up the rest of the house, spend the night at my parent's to celebrate some festivities (my brother is leaving to Texas to serve a mission for our church), and then head to our new home.

The other night, I drew out a birds-eye-view of our farmhouse, solely based off of memory (we were inside for only a few minutes) and three crappy pictures I snapped on my phone.  Then I showed Brett some pinterest boards (his favorite, ha!) of paint ideas and what not.  Then I showed him where I thought certain furniture and paint colors should go, labeled on my sketch.  It got me excited.  Hopefully my memory was somewhat accurate!

I have been picking up a few things for our new home (keeping the tags on and the receipt, just in case).  It seems counterintuitive to be buying more "stuff" right before moving, since usually decluttering and getting rid of things is typical for pre-moving (and we have been doing that too).  But since we will be so far from stores, I am making an exception and getting some things I think will look nice.  I am being conservative though, not going too crazy and buying up too much at once.  I know I can order things online, but I'm weird and like to touch and look and pick up things I want to buy, especially things like throw pillows.  But I'm sure I'll do online shopping as well.

Here is a secret for buying cute decorative pillows for a good price--check the outdoor furniture and pillows as well!  Often times they are less even at full price, and usually have better markdowns when they are on clearance!  My mom told me about this, and I just found a really cute oblong navy pillow in the patio section of Target, for $7.48.  Can't beat that price!

Other things we have been up to...


Vivienne likes the mirror, and since all of them are propped up against walls in anticipation of our move, it really works out.


Squeezing in some visits to the Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery before we move too far away from it.


I am throwing out all our nasty tupperware that is stained and breaking, and replacing it with some Pyrex glass storage.  So excited!  Target has them on sale for $26 right now!


Renewed my Costco Membership.


Finishing up a women's doubles tennis league with one of my best friends, McKenzie.  Having a blast, but pretty rusty!  Haven't played since before I was pregnant with Landon...


Jumped on the "Saltwater Sandal" bandwagon, and I am so glad I did.  Now I know why everyone else is obsessed with them.  I plan on buying the kids gender neutral colors and letting them become the most awesome hand-me-downs for each other.


Vivienne got another round of vaccinations.  Not our most favorite part of being a baby.  But she still is cute, so it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment