However, we were so pleasantly surprised when we walked in! Sure there are little things that aren't perfect about it, but overall, it is adorable and will be such a great fit for our family! Here are a few things that I am excited about, now that I have been to our future farmhouse:
- Built-in hutch, for my platters and pretty dishes...similar to the one our current house has! I was sad to leave the one here, and told Brett I wanted to find an old used hutch and refinish it, because I loved having stuff on display...turns out, I won't need to do that!
- Butcher block countertops. If you read my post on our current kitchen, you already know that I had dreamed of possibly having butcher block counters replaced in there someday.
- Beadboard kitchen cabinets, add some sweet charm and character to the kitchen.
- A cute little window sill above the kitchen sink and a cute little nook above the stove.
- A natural gas stove. I mean, who would've thought we would have natural gas out in the boonies...turns out, we do!
- A pantry. It is small, but we've never had one before, so it's exciting for us.
- A large stone natural gas fireplace...swoon.
- A large fully enclosed Arizona Room with hard wood floors and giant windows.
- Each one has a bathroom connected to it
- We will have a walk-in closet! It's small, but still a huge upgrade from any closet we've ever had.
- Huge enclosed backyard, lined with giant mature trees, for plenty of shade (and tree swings, don't worry--Brett is aware this will be another project he will have, along with farmhouse picnic tables).
- A hot tub in the back yard, which will provide for great date-nights-in (or girls nights, if any of my friends come and visit me!).
- Apple trees with apples growing and ripening up for the fall. I will make apple crisp, homemade applesauce, and dehydrated apple chips with them.
I'm excited to get to decorate such a charming little house to call ours for the next while. Stay tuned!