3.06.2014

Baby Girl is Here!

I am obviously taking a blogging break for a bit, because, BABY GIRL ARRIVED!
Her name is Vivienne.  We sometimes call her Vivvy.
Her birthday is February 18.
She arrived at 3 p.m.
I'll write up her birth story soon, but we barely made it to the hospital in time.  Sheesh!
She was 6 lb. 15 oz. when she was born, and is gaining weight really well.

I think the two words that sum up our household at the moment are: smitten and sleep-deprived.  She pretty much has her days and nights totally backwards.  As in, if she literally flip-flopped the two, it would be perfect.  But we are working on it.  We have had some good nights, but mostly hard ones.  She is just two weeks old, so I guess we will give her a little more time to work on it :)
Landon is warming up to her quite well.  I know sometimes he gets annoyed, whiny, and clingy when I am tending to her or feeding her.  But mostly he just likes being close to her, giving her kisses, snuggling up to her, and trying to lovingly touch her (although sometimes it is a tad too aggressive for our liking).

I will definitely continue my Baby Series soon.  I think I will even have better/more advice for certain things, since this is all still so fresh in my mind.  But right now, I'm just trying to make the transition to having a newborn and a toddler that I am supposed to take care of and love.  It is definitely an adjustment for sure!  Well, not the loving part, that just comes.  But juggling everything else is proving to be quite tricky.  But I'm sure I'll survive :)  Stay tuned, more posts will come your way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment